Student Travel Grants
With generous support from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the IEEE Technical Committee on Computer Architecture (TCCA), HPCA 2016 will offer travel grants for selected students to attend the conference. The NSF funds are reserved for students currently enrolled at universities in the United States. The IEEE TCCA funds are reserved for IEEE student members anywhere in the world. We strongly encourage all students to join IEEE TCCA, since the reduced registration rate for IEEE members more than offsets the cost of IEEE membership. The exact number and amount of the grants will be determined based on the number of eligible applicants and the availability of funds. Priority will be given to students who have authored papers accepted for presentation at the conference or its joint workshops, in particular those students without existing travel support through their research adviser, department, or university.
Student applicants should use the following online form to apply for an HPCA student travel grant:
Link no longer available
Student applicants will need to provide the following details as part of the application process:
• Full Name
• Citizenship Status
• Research Adviser
• Gender (optional)
• Ethnicity (optional)
• Role at HPCA (presenter,co-author)
• IEEE Student Member Number (optional)
• Brief statement describing student’s reason for attending HPCA
• Brief statement describing budget for attending HPCA
• Brief statement describing any other sources of travel support
• Resume or curriculum vitae (PDF format). Though a valid permanent link till you receive the funds
Adviser Verification Email
Student applicants must also ask their research adviser to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Grant Chair (student.grant.hpca2016 at gmail.com) with the subject line “Student Travel Status Confirmation for
Due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, we will NOT solicit letters from research advisers. It is the student applicant’s responsibility to ensure that his or her adviser sends the email before the deadline.
Both the online application and the adviser verification email must be received by 23:59 (GMT+0), January 31th, 2016 (extended to 3 February). No exception will be made for any reason.
Students that are awarded an HPCA Student Travel Grant are required to submit receipts for their HPCA registration, lodging, and transportation as well as a one-page experience report that describes their impressions of the conference and/or workshops.
• These funds are reserved for students intending to register for HPCA (or HPCA affiliated workshops), not for students intending to register for PPoPP/CGO (or PPoPP/CGO affiliated workshops).
• The NSF funds are reserved for students currently enrolled at universities in the United States.
• The IEEE TCCA funds are reserved for IEEE student members anywhere in the world.
• Awarded funds can only be used for conference registration, lodging, and transportation.
• Due to limited funding, it is possible that a student travel grant will not be sufficient to cover the entire cost (i.e., conference registration, transportation, and lodging) of attending HPCA.
• No reimbursements will be made without submission of receipts and the one-page experience report.